Saturday, October 10, 2009

As Easy as 1,2,3...4,5

Do you feel like you cook the same recipes over and over and over again??? Sometimes I feel like I'm on autopilot in the grocery store and navigate the aisles for the same things...you know...over and over and over again.

Well, every year, as the leaves turn beautiful shades of burgundy and gold, and the sun sets earlier, the menu around here changes as well. One of our family favorites on a chilly Fall evening is pot roast. And the best part...it is SOOOOO easy to prepare! It literally takes minutes to toss the few ingredients in the crock pot and then let it slow cook all day. It's as easy as 1,2,3...okay more like 1,2,3,4,5 but you get the idea. If you're looking for a GOOD, EASY, during the week recipe, try this:

One bunch of celery

Sliced Carrots (I buy the pre-sliced bag)

3 pounds of red potatoes (I keep the skin on)

2-3 pounds of Chuck Roast

Seasoned Salt to taste

Put it all in the crock pot with a cup (or so) of water.

Let it cook for 8 hours and viola! Dinner is served! The kids love it so much! Whenever I make it, they ask for it over and over and over again. OK, well not really. But they do eat it without complaining, throwing it on the floor, mashing it in their hands, or telling me they're "full." In my book, that's a winner!

Do you have any EASY, DELICIOUS crock pot recipes to share? If so, leave a comment and I'll publish them on my blog. That way we don't have to keep eating the same meals...well, you know...over and over and over again.

2 comments:

  1. I have at least one really good one...Cranberry Chicken. I'll email it to you this week. Now I have to try YOUR recipe!

    April B

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want literally THE easiest crock pot recipe (it has to be if I'm doing it), here you go:

    4-6 Chicken tenderloins (frozen)
    1 jar spaghetti sauce

    Cook on low all day. When ready to eat, boil spaghetti.

    We call it "Spagehetti Chicken" (original, eh?) and the kids love it. The chicken just falls apart and tastes so good.

    ReplyDelete