Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gone Sale-ing

Until a couple years ago, I never understood what all the fuss was about regarding yard sales. The whole thought of "one person's trash is another person's treasure" just really didn't sound all that appealing to me. Well, until I discovered the awesomeness that is the South Riding Yard Sale! Don't get me wrong - it certainly has it's share of crap. But amongst the crap really are some "treasures." One thing I have learned though is "GO EARLY!" That is when you find the good stuff - otherwise it's just not worth it. But, there is something addictive...er...uh...magical about finding a sweet deal on something you totally DON'T need. Like the kitchen chairs I bought today. Well, I shouldn't say we "totally don't need" new chairs. They just haven't been at the top of the priority list. Although they should have been considering one of them has a broken leg so we can't really use it. I've glued it once with wood glue and it didn't last. Anyway, when I set sale this morning, I was not on a quest for new chairs. However, did I see a set of chairs that were a really good deal? Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment