Friday, October 9, 2009

Stent Claw

So I decided to forego Jiffy Lube yesterday and, instead, went straight to the Urologist's office. Although I was expecting removal of the stent, I didn't realize I would be a human Claw Game. As the nurse prepped me for the procedure, she said "Now, the way we do this is just like the Claw Game you see at carnivals. The device looks like a claw on a stick and Dr. G will stick it up there and move it around until he grasps the stent." hmmmmmm... My thought, "Where does he stick the quarters!?" But then I remembered that he is the Doctor so he only "takes" my money.


After a couple minutes of slight discomfort, Dr. G gently removed the stent. In all my years, I must say, I think that's the only time I've ever seen one of those Claw Games actually grasp a prize!

After removing said prize, we discussed the whole "one kidney" scenario and prevention measures. I have a new BFF - TheraLithXR - vitamin supplements that I will be taking with two meals a day for the rest of my life. They are sold over-the-counter but can only be purchased online. Although, if that's all I have to do to keeps the stones away, I'll take it...literally! Oh, and decrease my tea and peanut butter/nut product intake. And beets...cause you know, I eat SO many beets! ;) I hope Dwight Shrute can keep his farm in business!

I'll have some cultures done in about a month to check for any stone fragments and a sonogram to look at my kidney. All in all, it was a good visit. But hopefully the next time I see the Claw Game it will be at the Bethany Beach Boardwalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment