Friday, October 9, 2009

We Skins Are A Bit Hokie

I am participating in my first ever Kelly's Korner Blog Carnival! This week's theme is Favorite Teams. Well, I was born and raised in the Washington DC area so naturally I am a Redskins fan. We used to always joke in our house that you could tell who won the Skins game based on Dad's mood.

I married a Chicago Bears fan. My husband Chris was actually born in Alabama but his family moved to Chicago for a couple years. It was during those years that he started becoming interested in sports and, to this day, he is a huge Bears, Cubs, and Bulls fan. As for college teams, my college did not have a football team. Yet I married a VT Hokie. And boy does that school have some AWESOME team spirit!!! There is something so cool about walking into Lane Stadium completely surrounded by thousands of people covered in burgundy and orange. It is suffice to say we wear a lot of burgundy, orange, and gold around here...

GO SKINS!!! Beat them Cowboys!

"High Five" for the Hokies touchdown!


And for those of you who know Stellan, well...there is no need for any further explanation for the next two pictures.




My sister and I at the pumpkin patch sporting my Hokie pride.


And although my husband claims that he is not a Redskins fan, well...you be the judge!

3 comments:

  1. I never knew you were such a Redskins fan ;) Learn something new every day. Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you from Kelly's Korner. Go Hokies! I am also a "Hokie by Marriage". Hope they win tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Hokies! I am a proud Hokie. I also grew up in the Washington area too funny.

    Warmly,

    Bernie

    ReplyDelete