Thursday, November 5, 2009

Heaven on Earth Potatoes!!!

As you can imagine, it's quite a challenge to get all these little cousins to smile at once for the camera. Equally challenging is finding recipes that they all like to eat!

Well, over at Kelly's Korner today, we are sharing Thanksgiving recipes! I love this time of year!!!

This is one of those dishes that kids and adults both love!!! It is a perfect compliment to turkey, ham, or any main dish. And, the best thing about it - you can prepare it the day before AND it does not take up any space in the oven when you're trying to heat all of the side dishes at once. You NUKE it!

My husband and I alternate Thanksgiving and Christmas with our families each year. This year we will spend Thanksgiving with his family. Then Christmas will be spent with my family...and all the little kiddos you see in the picture above. My mother-in-law has been making this "Cheesy Potato" dish for years and I have added it to my own collection as a "Crowd Favorite!" Now I bring this to every Thanksgiving/Christmas meal with my family.

"Cheesy Potatoes"

6 Medium Baked Potatoes, unpeeled
1 stick margarine/butter
1 8 oz. bag shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 8 oz. sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup chopped green onions

Pierce potatoes with a fork. Do not peel!
Place in microwave on a paper towel.
Cook 20 minutes or until done and cool slightly.
Slice into quarters.
Microwave butter to melt.
Stir cheese in butter.
When cheese melts, add sour cream, salt, pepper, and onions.
Gently stir cheese mixture into potatoes; spoon into microwave safe dish. Cook uncovered on high for 7-8 minutes.

Serve!

6 comments:

  1. I have tried these potatoes before and they are super yummmy! :0) A kid fav for sure!
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those potatoes sound so yummy!! Thanks for sharing, I will definetly try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you through Kelly's Korner. Am interested in your hair-bows as a giveaway. If interested please email me. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm-O!!! This recipe sounds great!!
    And I love the bows in the post above, great work!!

    ReplyDelete