Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kidney Tests Are Back

About 2 weeks ago, I had to do a 24-hour urine collection to check the status of my kidney functionality. Although I had not experienced any more complications, I was still a little nervous that something would come back abnormal. Not for any particular reason other than the fact that test results rarely yield completely normal results for me. When it comes to other people, I tend to have a much more realistic, optimistic attitude. With myself, not so much. Because of all I have gone through in the past 5+ years regarding my health, nothing surprises me anymore. In fact, it's quite the opposite. What actually surprises me is when I hear that everything IS normal. Weird, I know. I just thank God everyday that I learned so much about my health AFTER being blessed with two healthy children.

Anyway, so the nurse called from the Urologist's office yesterday. Instead of cutting right to the point, she said "Hi, this is "R" from Dr. G's office. I have your urine test results. Has anyone called you yet to discuss the results?" Uh...."no." Of course, I am waiting for bad news at this point. Then she says, "Well, Dr. G looked at all your levels and everything is in the normal range." Well, geez lady! Couldn't you have just said that without prefacing your statement as if I'm going to lose my kidney!?!?!?

The important thing is that everything looks good right now. In three months I will go back for a check up and do some repeat testing and maybe a sonogram to look at my kidney. In the meantime, I will continue taking 4 supplements a day for "maintenance."

With the holidays here, I realize how much I have to be thankful for this season. It's been a crazy year, but in the end, when I count my blessings, it certainly takes more fingers than it does to count my kidneys...I mean...kidney.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that for now your kidney is "normal".. I like Good news!!!!!! This is the only time when normal is a good thing.. Happy Holidays we are thinking of you and your family all of the time. I keep telling Paul all of the stories from long ago.. He does NOT think I am normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything checked out well!

    ReplyDelete